Friday, 29 May 2009

These are some ready to wear T shirts and trousers purchased from Mothercare, that I have embroidered. I decided to make the embroidery into appliques and then sew them onto the garments because the T shirts were too small to fit into even the smallest hoop without unpicking the whole side seam. I didn't want to remove the pockets on the trousers as it would have been difficult to match the stitching and thread.

I tried something 'new to me' for the appliques by embroidering onto two layers of crystal organza which worked out really well and is something I'll do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment